Established in 1969, Summit Appliance is a division of Felix Storch, Inc., a private business manufacturing and distributing major specialty appliances to the household, commercial, and medical industry. Our headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located in the Bronx, NY.
We have an opening to join our order entry team. This position involves entering customer orders into our accounting system. A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is needed. Experience with computerized accounting systems or ERP's is essential.
- High school diploma
- Some college or equivalent training in business or data entry
- Entry level college graduates are invited to apply, as we promote from within
- Excellent math skills (a short math test is given to all applicants)
- Knowledge and understanding of inventory and general business practices
- Experience with computerized accounting systems
- Highly skilled in Excel
- Highly energetic, independent with the ability to multitask
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
We are looking for a self starter who likes to be challenged in a dynamic operational work environment.
All FSI office staff interacts heavily with other departments to handle order flows efficiently and on a timely basis, so teamwork is the number one priority.
Individual responsibilities will include:
- Receiving, checking and acknowledging customer orders
- Checking stock, and communicating where necessary with customers or our sales team
- Entering several hundred orders into our system
- Researching problems and customer inquiries
- Double checking order accuracy
- Handling customer inquiries on shipping status via phone or email
- Preparing daily reports as needed
- General clerical duties on accounting and administrative duties as needed.
SUMMIT Appliance (www.summitappliance.com
), a Division of Felix Storch, Inc. is a 44 year old family business, located in the Hunts Point section of the Bronx. We specialize in major appliances for smaller kitchens and special markets. We are convenient to public transportation and are close to most major highways. We have modern offices, a business casual dress policy and an operations driven busy environment. The hours for this position are approximately 10:00 am to 7:00 p.m. M-F. Candidates will be required to take several very short tests in math and Excel. The successful candidate will receive a salary commensurate with experience.
FSI employees also receive:
- Medical benefits (some employee contribution is required)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K plan with a company match
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacations
- Paid sick and personal time
- Discretionary annual bonus for outstanding performance
Please reply with your resume, and a brief cover letter with either a salary history or salary requirements to HR@summitappliance.com
Back To Careers